The Woodlands Tracker
The Woodlands Tracker is a fully integrated “Mill Woodlands Package” designed and implemented as a working tool for “Mill Woodlands’ department”. The Woodlands Tracker is a good piece of equipment sold at a very reasonable rate to smaller and intermediate size mills.
Some Woodlands Tracker facilities and capabilities:
Production Analysis / Inventory Tracking
- follow what wood came out of where, who handled that wood,
where that wood is and the cost of that wood.
Sampling (governmental and polled) or Fixed Ratios
- apply sampling back to original tonnages on any time period basis.
Harvesting and Transport Pay Mechanisms and
- Track your Logging and Hauling operations.
- handle all your contractor / hauler / landowner payment requirements.
- very flexible rates updater applicable to current or historical information.
Deck Volume Management
- apply conversions from source sampling to decks and decrement decks
with line feed data.
Automatically Upload your Scale House Information
- any Scale House can be imported
Electronic Information Transmittal and Receipt
Governmental Required Reporting
- our reporting will comply to your governmental requirements.
Errata : Licencing / Support / Customizations, etc.
Why Purchase the
Why Purchase theWoodlands Tracker
Today's world is a fast moving and ever-changing world. Numbers, figures, calculations and analysis are required to stay on top of one's business operations. As technology has advanced, the successful operations have been able to gain the competitive advantage of putting technology to work for them. This is what The Woodlands Tracker will do for you. With The Woodlands Tracker, you will find the dependability and the services you need to keep your operation's paperwork flowing smoothly and accurately.
The Woodlands Tracker has been involved in the logging industry for over 2 decades. It has evolved as the logging and computer industries have evolved, and it has adapted its functionalities as the industry has adapted to today's working environment.
The Woodlands Tracker has a proven Track Record. It’s been tracking and managing Log Harvesting, Log Delivery, and Log Yard operations the 1986/1987 season.
Provides your information requirements for :
Production Tracking / Handling
Tonnage & Volume recording and reporting on many levels.
Sampling for conversion calculation applicable in dynamic ways.
Haul Tracking Handling
Truck Turn-Around Times & Earnings per Hour reporting,
Allowable loads are based on truck, configuration and road types.
Overloads reporting and Haul Analysis.
· Contractors, Truckers, Land-Owners, Drivers, and Operators are handled by the system.
· Pay methods include hourly, mfbm, volume or trip.
· Pay deductions are User defined and may include % of pay or by trip.
· Pay rates, allowed G.V.W.'s, road colors, pay methods, etc. may be adjusted, at any time, prior to posted pay statement generation session.
· Statement Generator may include
Recurring Deductions (Absolute/Load Based, Interim/Period-End)
Charge Backs & Lost Revenues for Over Load infractions
Advances (Paid Out and Recaptured)
Holdbacks Paid Out
Individualized Holdbacks and Handling charges may be set for each Contractor, Trucker, Landowner, etc.
Earnings for Contractor ease of payments to their Hired
Mill Log Yard
· Deck Volumes maintained with tracking of wood to decks on mill entry, having the capacity to apply conversions to decked wood based on source / species conversion, and decrementing the decks with tallies from your mill feeder scanners..
· Electronically receives and transmits loads coming from or going to third parties.
Scale House Transfers
The BCS Woodlands Tracker may
incorporate your current Scale House data.
· The BCS Woodlands Tracker may be run in conjunction with , in order to supply a Woodlands department with a complete, integrated and consistent background information for the accurate recording of Scale house activity.
· Multiple summary and detailed reports produced with many sorts, inclusion, non-inclusion and date/time controls; reporting is dynamic and multivariate.
Governmental Forestry Requirements
We will provide your governmental reporting requirements.
Alberta examples :
· Tonnage / Volume Activity reporting based on Populations, Dispositions, Blocks, etc.
· TM35 Load Reporting.
· TM44 Load Reporting based on Populations, Dispositions, WC, etc.
· T.P.R.F. Block Tonnages Downloads.
· System allows for conversion on a different sampling methods (i.e. OSB / Sawlogs)
· Governmental Bi-Monthly Weight/ Over-Load Monitoring & Reporting.
Included with a Purchase
· Licencing Agreement for installations on as many computers as User requires; constraint being the operations must be operating under the legal entity and same physical location as that referred to in BCS Licencing Agreement.
· Equipment Costing and Personnel & Equipment Certification Alert modules.
· BCS Software has found that most operations have their own specific needs whether in calculation, recording or reporting. Therefore with every sale; we reserve 16 hours of BCS offices hours for User specific code adjustments (we’ll tweak the code to your needs).
Licencing and Updates
· Additional Operating Location
· Secondary Licencing
· Yearly Updates/Ongoing
Set-Up and Training
The software may be
easily loaded using directives given, on the Note-Pad, when installing the Sampler
and Help-Files directives. Demo movies, sampler data and help-files
are provided for ease of User familiarization.
Demo movies, sampler data and help-files are provided for ease of User familiarization.
Once a User is ready to commence loading their operation's information into the system , interaction, with our offices, may prove beneficial.
Therefore, with each primary licencing, we provide :
· 3 staggered half days of PC Anywhere / Voice Support (with intermediary call-backs)
· or 3 staggered half days of Voice Support (with intermediary call-backs)
For expenses and a $ 500 a day
charge,, we will do On-Site Installation and Training, with Accounting /
Woodlands personnel appreciated for first day and a half.
We appreciate staggering
the training as this allows for User maturity and familiarity of use prior to
We appreciate staggering the training as this allows for User maturity and familiarity of use prior to training sessions.
Our offices are receptive to
calls from our Users. We do not
charge for calls, from competent Users, for reminders/problems/solutions and
/ or general discussions. Once
you are an established User, calls to our offices may not be required but may
be found expedient. Charges would
only be incurred on special system changes (quotes provided) and due to such
situations as staffing changes / inadequacies, network, telecommunications,
hardware, etc. problems.
The Woodlands Tracker has been
evolving since 1986 and it will continue to evolve as Forestry practices,
logging methods and hauling parameters change. Our customers find their needs
changing along their changing logging / hauling conditions; BCS Woodlands
Systems are meeting and will continue to meet those changing requirements.
Customization of Implementations
BCS Woodlands has found that most operations have their own specific
needs. Therefore, all installations are analyzed for System enhancement
possibilities. We'll tweak what's required to finalize a fit to your
· 600MZ plus with 256k plus of internal memory (general axiom. the faster and the bigger, the better).
· Microsoft Windows from '95 to XP.
· Monitor resolution of 800 by 600 (design basis).
© BCS Software (323113 AB Ltd.)